Financial Abuse

Home Forums General Forum Financial Abuse

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ruth Wolveridge 5 months ago.

  • Author
  • #5142 Reply


    I witnessed my mum being subjected to financial abuse in 2010. I told safeguarding but they didn’t do anything. I told Police and they wouldn’t do anything except to say that only my mum can report it. I tried to explain that she has dementia and is in no position to realise she is a victim and therefore not able to relay the evidence. I have all evidence but still she is not protected. I discovered that the Home Office Counting Rules state that third parties or witnesses can make a report on behalf of the victim, even without the victim’s permission. Check this out
    Read from Page 3 onwards of the Home Office Counting Rules. Don’t let anyone fob you off like I was.

  • #13350 Reply

    Ruth Wolveridge

    If your Mum has dementia formally diagnosed, she would almost certainly be protected by the Mental Capacity Act; her GP or Psychiatrist should be able to help report financial abuse.

Reply To: Financial Abuse
Your information: