AEA Comments Policy
Action on Elder Abuse has and always will welcome conversation and debate with the public. We can all agree that consistently speaking about elder abuse will make the crime more visible and hopefully force some much needed change.
However we would like to lay out some guidelines for comments left on AEA’s public forums, such as our website, Facebook and Twitter. It is imperative that these platforms exist as mature and thought-provoking environments and remain a safe place for all commenters and viewers.
– Comments launching personal attacks (on authors, other users or any individual) that are hurtful and insulting will not be accepted.
– Comments that contain racist, sexist or homophobic remarks – or that may be interpreted as such – will be deleted.
– Comments that include gratuitous or extreme profanities will be deleted.
– Comments that incite violence, or that may be deemed as threatening, will be deleted.
– We will remove any content that may put the charity in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
If you have suggestions or questions about any aspect of AEA community participation, please email email@example.com